Odyssey's End
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Word Counter

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD)

3 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Empty Re: a pirate's life for me (creative title xD)

Post  TheElves Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Suspect Whassat sposed to mean.
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

https://odysseysend.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Empty Re: a pirate's life for me (creative title xD)

Post  Yak Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:26 pm

YOU JUST SID YOU NEED TO REGROUP IF HE GOT STABBED AND IS DREAMING
    and he is soooo xD
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Location : on muh spinnay chaiirr 8D ... I've been expecting you.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:04 pm

OH OKAY. I'm derping today. So out there right now. xDD ANYWAY. I haves an idea, if you'd ever get yer butt in the chatbox when I'm in there. xD
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:31 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 35551.153721.itemlarge

Lukas watched as the girl pirate yelled furiously, unintelligible over the ocean's roar, sounding something like a threat to his soul, and tried to press her tiny bod against the waves in his direction. Then he heard a crash in the underbrush, and again spun around on his horse as he saw a figure burst from the forest towards him. He muttered under his breath, "Another pirate, I presume," and watched as, sure enough, a man with a sword came plowing through the bodies, wearing typical pirate regalia and an admirable bruise on his right temple, frame lit by the evening moon. He came right up to his horse Rage, causing the mahogany stallion to look back and bare his teeth, inflamed by the closeness. Lukas smiled inwardly, remembering his steed's hatred of every human being but him and his sister Nellie. The man smirked and said, “You. You started all of this,” pointing his sword at Lukas' heart. Lukas looked down at the gleam of the pointed tip, and tilted his head with a mild enthusiasm as he gazed past it and noticed a small slit in the man's pant leg, a halo of blood surrounding it. He began to give a snide comment, but was cut off as the man gave him a quick 'watch this' look, then whirled around to skillfully dash a handful of lingering men, as if to show off his skill or audacity. Lukas could tell all the men had been drunk out of their mind, still hanging about the tavern, and not of much value to society, but briefly wondered what the townspeople would think if they found out he didn't try to save them from being slain.

His stupor was broken when the man turned back and growled, “You send any more of your men after me and that girl, and I swear we will kill every single one. And then, oh mighty King, I will come after you. So either you stay out of this, or risk not only your own life, but these innocent men’s life.” Lukas dipped his head forward to absorb the mans' words, then furrowed his brow. This man and the girl were together? A pair? Perhaps working together, but he'd seen no such thing in all his days. Or perhaps a couple, both pirates, bound by love or some odd pirate code. He tilted his head again. And then the man walked off. As if he hadn't just threatened the prince's life, or king, as the man had misinterpreted. Lukas had to admit, the man was bold.

Lukas gazed upon the pirate man, a tinge of pity softening his hard outlook on the man, as he waded out to the girl without hesitation. Moments went by, a few hushed words drowned out by the sea spray, and tender touches, something the pirate man had, obviously, not done in so long that it frightened him. A moment of silence, then the girl said something and began back to the shore, collapsing on the sand and pourng out all her emotion in one bout of sobbing. Lukas urged Rage into a meander as the girl got back to her feet, reestablishing her dignity and brushing the sand off her pants.

He brought his horse beside the girl, keeping a few feet of distance out of respect, and just looked down at her, taking in her features, trying to decipher her...

Then a cry, and the pirate man was on the ground. Lukas leapt off his horse and ran over to the man, shoving the soldier away. He hit the ground with a thud, his sword flying off into the sand. Getting down on one knee, Lukas slowly rolled the man over. Blood seeped from a slit about two inches from spine and about halfway down his back. He growled under his breath, wondering how he could help this man, then his head flashed up as the soldier tried to stand. "Your high-" Lukas sent a powerful fist to his jaw. He went down again, knocked out cold.

A thundering of hooves and Lukas looked up to see the admiral, his presence made obvious by the outrageous hat he wore, perched on his huge lithe white horse, flanked by two of his higher officers, both on white, if a less brilliant tone of white, horses. They stormed up, bearing no respect for the girl's grieving, and the admiral grunted, looking over at Lukas.
    "Ah, prince Lukas!" He said with a polite smile. "I see you've taken care of our friends here." He looked down at the man at Lukas' feet. "This man's done no wrong deed," He muttered with an admirably honest voice, still examining him. The admiral looked down at the man and raised an eyebrow. "Welll, wrong deed or no wrong deed, he's as good as dead anyway, so I'd leave him if I were you." Then he snapped his fingers and the two men behind him jumped off their horses in unison, marching over to Amelia with stony faces and both of them grabbing one arm. "You're under arrest for piracy, murder, thievery, and any other number of crimes I'm sure you've commited." The admiral sneered smugly, then jerked his head, signaling for the men. They began to usher her towards one of the dull-white horses.

Lukas looked over his shoulder, hoping the girl would, somehow, be able to meet his eyes. As the admiral turned his horse and began plodding off, Lukas mouthed the words, "I'll come for you."

.... notes: getting better. xD
    .... words: 925

Last edited by TheElves on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Hgdthd10 a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 F525x10
    - - - - Amelia Bladeflint
    a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 33di5b8

Taking in a deep breath, Amelia wrapped her sopping hair into a lose bun. Well, it was time to move on. Start fresh. She'd need to find another ship, and the faster the better. Too many painful memories would creep into the walls she set up to protect herself. She couldn't let the heavy burdens of the past weigh her down. Benjamin was just a pirate. She'd run into a thousand more just like him. Her eyes closed shut as she stood there silent. God, she was turning soft. Where was the old Amelia? The one who didn't care about any man? The one who just wanted to let lose chaos to the world? Where was she? Amelia looked down at her arms, full of marks that all held a tale. She had some new scars from her last battle; too bad she couldn't remember how she got any of them. The tears finally dried off her face and her self confidence was glistening in her eyes - ready to take on the world and anything it threw at her.

Amelia's green eyes drifted up to the man on the horse who was standing next to her. Her eyes shot a questioning gaze, but nothing more. She was still waiting for him to send her to the hanging grounds. He seemed hesitant. Odd... Men of power were always quick to establish justice. Especially among the pirate crowd. She cocked an eyebrow, her eyes never leaving his. That was until she heard it. She heard the sound of a sword slicing into a body. Quickly, she spun around and watched Benjamin fall to his knees. The guy standing behind him stood there dumbfounded with the sword still in his hand like he didn't believe he actually just killed the guy. Amelia's whole world was rocked. So he might just be a pirate. A pirate guy. A pirate guy she had feelings for. Those feelings she had just gotten over. So why did she still feel pain stabbing through every angle of her heart? She stood there with every ounce of emotion drained from her face. The whole world seemed to be on slow motion as the prince leapt off his horse and stormed over to Benjamin's aid. Even if everything was set on slow motion, it was all a buzz to her.

Suddenly, the world caught up to normal speed. Amelia broke out of her daze and her eyes ventured just a little farther down the beach. Squinting her eyes she made notice of three little blobs. Those three little blobs turned into the hideous faces of Navy soldiers... and by the way the man leading was dressed she knew exactly who he was; an admiral. So was she that much of a threat they had to send such a high ranking man after her? A little smug grin played on her little lips. A smug grin that slowly faded as the men approached. She had totally forgotten about Benjamin and the prince. She watched the scene before her play. "Ah, prince Lukas!" Politics. Amelia stood there with a scowl slapped on her face. Part of her wondered why the prince had done nothing to get rid of the pirates, instead he seemed to be helping them.

The admiral ordered his officers after Amelia with a snap of his fingers. Her scowl remained untouched as the men grabbed her by the arms. She remained calm, still in the mens tight grips. Her head remained lowered with her gaze hidden by the hair that framed loosely around her face. "You're under arrest for piracy, murder, thievery, and any other number of crimes I'm sure you've commited." The scowl was replaced with a wicked grin pulling at each corner of her lips as she slowly lifted her head, "Such an extensive list of ugly crimes. I don't suppose you had a witness to all this?" She asked raising a brow with such innocence lacing her sweet voice. Obviously they didn't want to hear any of what she had to say as the men pushed her forcibly to the horse.

Amelia glanced over at Prince Lukas, she was already addressing him correctly in her mind. She watched his lips carefully as he lipped the words, "I'll come for you." Amelia nodded quietly, a silent affirmation. The men forcibly bound her hands with metal cuffs. She followed reluctantly. Thought spun wildly through her mind as she trailed behind the men silently. Had the prince played her? Did she just fall into a part of their scheme? He lied to her so she'd be thrown in jail and hung! Such foolish men to think such a conniving little monster wouldn't guess their plans. Amelia threw herself to the floor, her weight, though barely anything, shifting caused the horse to stop and throw its head up. Amelia watched as the man dismounted the horse and pulled something from the saddle bag. Her eyes were like daggers piercing into his soul as he came over and whacked her in the head with some bat thing. Everything faded to black...

The whole room was spinning. Just spinning out of control. Amelia's green eyes fluttered open and she grabbed her head trying to stop the whole dizzy syndrome going on. Once everything stopped, she looked around her. Gathering in her surroundings. The walls were made of a dark stone that was wet musty and dripping with moss. The floor was covered with moldy hay and rats scampering around. Aye! She was in a jail cell. "Well I'll be darned." She muttered under her breath, listening to the slight echo. God, was anyone in here? She crawled across the floor and stuck her head through the bars. It was a small jail with only maybe four to five cells and no guard on duty. Suddenly something from the corner made a noise. Screaming, Amelia jumped and pulled her head out of the bars. Her heart was beating out of her chest as her gaze slowly shifted to the corner. She wasn't alone in the cell... Amelia crawled closer, letting the light from the high window filter through and fall on his face. He was a young man and very drunk and looked almost familiar, like she had seen him earlier. She leaned in closer and he went off, spewing words strung together she couldn't understand. Not only was she trapped in a cell but she was stuck with a drunk moron. She had taken a look at the lock earlier and it looked like nothing she had seen before. For now her only hope of escape was if the prince's words were genuine. Amelia shrunk into the corner opposite of the drunk man. She pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs and resting her head against the wall.

Waiting for the e n d to c o m e
    Wishing I had strength to stand

Notes - fsdjajsdf
    Lyrics - Waiting for the End - Linkin Park
    Words - 1,138
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 pm

(Yo, Verti, I'ma just post a teeny thing about Lukas helping out Benjamin.... so you can have your turn with Ben... uh... not dead. xD So don't flip, heehee.)

TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 pm

Hah, I dnot' care xD DO POST :3
    Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 35551.153721.itemlarge

Lukas watched as the admiral and his cohorts took the girl away, a faint twinge of guilt clenching his chest. He wondered, why did he feel this strange obligation to the girl? A need to protect her- even though she put up a nice show of independence, he felt as though he was responsible for her safety. It took all he had within him to let those men take her away. What if they decided, through some odd divination, to skip her jailing and hang her tonight? Then he would, despite her criminal history, feel forever guilty; a cloud above his head. But no, they wouldn't do that. He had to believe that they would just toss her into a cell for safekeeping until tomorrow. And everyone in town would come, to watch the hanging. As if it were some kind of sick sport... like hunting. As if the girl had no human rights. He shuddered, took in a breath to calm himself, and looked down at the man lying in the fine sand that was quickly bleeding red.

The wound was clean, at least. By means of some strange miracle of a god that watched over unruly pirates, the man's thin shirt kept the sand and dirt below him from seeping into the slit. And the blade hadn't reached all the way through his body, just barely missing his vital organs. Lukas knew this from the slightly weak, unsaturated color of the blood. He carefully propped the man up on a clean stone lodged into the shore. One good thing about the man being unconscious... he couldn't protest. "You'll thank me for this later." He muttered, then looked back at the littered street, where the stableboy was still peering out of the tavern, patiently. Lukas gave him a 'come here' gesture and the boy came picking his way through the bodies until he was closer. "Get a bottle of whiskey, a long, wide knife, and a clean towel." He ordered particularly. The boy gave him a questioning look. "Now, if you please." Lukas demanded gently, eyes burning with the impatience of a child. The boy quickly caught the lion in his lamblike voice and hurried back into the bar, returning a moment later with a half-full jug of amber liquid, a wide cleaver knife, and a white towel that smelled clean when Lukas sniffed it. "Thank you," He said, patting the young man's shoulder; dismissing him. But the boy lingered, looking down with wide eyes at the pirate, "Is he going to live?" Lukas huffed. "Yes, if he doesn't wake up before I'm done." While he talked, Lukas got a small rectangular stone from his pocket, hard as flint but smooth as slate, using it and the knife to start a small fire in a nearby brush plant.

"Why would he wake up?" The boy asked, ever curious, as Lukas stuck the knife into the fire. "Because..." Lukas began, watching as the knife began to grow red-hot. He used his free hand to pop open the cork on the whiskey jug, tipping it out onto the cloth. "This... is really going to hurt."

Before the boy could question him further, Lukas swiftly grabbed up the cloth and pressed it to the man's back. The amber liquid seeped down the valley where his spine ran, disinfecting the gash. Then, in a blink, he raised the cloth, flicked up the knife from the fire, and pressed it to the wound.

A brief sizzle like dropping food into boiling oil, a smell of frying flesh, and Lukas drew back the knife, examining his work. The wound was sealed, just a dark red line, most likely throbbing with agony that he hoped the man couldn't feel from his subconscious. Even as he set the knife down, he winced, sympathy pain groping at him. The stable boy watched in shock, a look of mortification plastered on his face. "Yeah, that hurt."

.... notes: i really didn't mean for this to be so long, verti! xD
    .... words: 657
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:47 am

I HAVE IDEAAA
    it's still in brain storming stage... so it's not well thought out xDD
    BUTANYWAYS
    all my plans are like that o-o
    BUT
    OKAYSO
    I THIIIINK
    they should come for Amelia too late, and she actually does get hanged... hung whatever xD
    BUT BECAUSE SHES SO LEETLE it ends up taking it longer for her to die. So in those few moments she manages to escape (I have to figure that one out) and so she's just like O___O OHGOD I ESCAPED. RUNNING AWAY NOW. and then that's when she runs into Benjamin and Lukas and she'll be like... DD< YOU DIDNT COME FOR ME YOU SCUM BRAINS -attacks- and because when she was hung... hanged for like those two seconds whatever lossaa oxygen didn't go to her brain so she's all trippy and has like no common sense (for now) xD and she's so positive Benjamin and Lukas were too busy having a bromance to help her so she wants to like murder them xD BUT SHE DOESNT. But she'll kidnap one of them o-o I'm thinking Lukas because he's the prince... and Benjamin can sneak onto the ship...
    that's all I have xD
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:54 am

Okay...
    after I re-read my idea...
    my imagination o____o
    WEIRD THINGS GO ON IN MY HEAD xDD
    it's really... intense BUT I LAIKE IT xD
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 am

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH

I like it xD

Oh and Peppah don't worry about it, I like long posts. GIVES ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH
    Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:13 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 2ljglms a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Kcksd3
    BENJAMIN 'ARO' FORTEN

but you can’t see his blood
    //I T ‘ S N O T H I N G B U T S O M E F E E L I N G S //

After the first two dreams, or whatever they were, Benjamin was fed up. Whatever had happened to him was not just a dream, it had felt so real. But yet, it hadn’t been. His eyes scattered around, well he was back to reality. But he felt weird, like he actually wasn’t here. Standing there for a second, he noticed he actually wasn’t. He was only looking from a distance. There was his body half in the sand and the rest in the water, blood pouring out of him. He cringed, wondering if this was another one of those visions or dreams. His eyes fell upon Amelia and he knew that this wasn’t a dream. It was real. Was he dead? Would he be like this forever? Would he be stuck watching other people live their lives? Hah, they were probably all glad he was gone. No more worrying about him. No more Benjamin of the Big Blue Seas. He looked down at his hands, noticing he looked just like a spirit. God, he was gone. All because of that stupid girl, she had gotten him into this mess. If he hadn’t followed her, helped her, he would still be alive. And maybe out to the sea by now with his crew…. Oh god his crew! He had totally forgotten about them. Where were they now? Had they left without him, thinking he had gotten himself killed or just decided to ditch the pirate life and settle? Fury ran through his veins at the thought of them leaving him here, when he most desperately needed them! He stomped his way over to where his body lay, and watched in horror as the prince came to his side. Benjamin wanted to scream at him to get away, and then he would stab him through his back. No wait, he deserved a death way worse. He should be tortured and punished for all the lives he had probably taken, just like his. He deserved much worse…

Crouching down next to his body, he watched his body take staggering breaths. It all looked so painful, so why was he still watching? I guess I want to see myself take my last breaths, he thought, biting his lip as he glued his eyes to his wound. Benjamin’s eyes darted up in a full glare as he watched the prince order one of his men for supplies. What was he doing with him? Going to carve into his body? Make it so the world would know of this huge victory he had? What a scumbag… But of course he expected it of these regulars. They had no idea what life had in store for them. Half of them had probably never even left this island, or even gone past the dock. But he, he had experienced it all. Hurricanes, earthquakes, hail, a sinking ship; everything! Well maybe not love, but he was willing to let that wait. Looking back on his life, he did have some regrets. He wanted to have a family, but one that didn’t turn into ferocious monsters when they didn’t get what they wanted. A.K.A. the family in his dream… But also, he’d want to experience a powerful love, one that could never be broken. He chuckled at himself, thinking of such things. Those were only for fairytales, and everyone knew there was no such thing. Besides, what was fun with a perfect life and love? Wasn’t drama and excitement more fun? You got to actually live and show whoever you were with that you would do anything for them; whether it is simple as making breakfast or life threatening like risking your head for her’s. Standing up, he rubbed his face in pain. He couldn’t die, not now. He was only eighteen years old! He had a life to live still; he still hadn’t seen the entire world yet. He was young, free, and maybe a criminal but he still had rights. They couldn’t just sit back and watch the life fade out of him! He was still young, he was still only a kid…

Suddenly, the image of his body was starting to fade. He was slipping from reality back into his subconscious! No, no no NO. He could not die in his dreams; the last thing he would see would be those faces staring at him. Ferocious demons laughing at him as he perished away to the underworld; he would not let them kill him that easily. Benjamin caught a last glimpse of them, and he saw Amelia being dragged off by some men and the prince mouth something. What did he say? I love you? WHAT?! He did not just see what he thought he saw… he loved her? Had Amelia played him the entire time? Thinking it was just funny to joke around with a pirate’s heart and right before something happens, she betrays him; letting him die while she goes back to her pretty perfect life. Benjamin shook his head as the image was fading. She couldn’t have done that, though he couldn’t be sure that she actually is a pirate. Maybe he had fallen for it, and now he was in the hands of the Navy. Boy, what a great ending to his story. He could just imagine the townsfolk telling their children about Benjamin the Not-So-Bright- Pirate. Falling for a girl, thinking she was a pirate when she actually wasn’t. And the brave prince sent one of his soldiers to finish off the pirate, and so ended him. And the prince and the girl lived happily ever after. The end…

His focus on reality soon faded into a haunting blackness, and before he knew it he was under water. Frowning, he swam to the surface of a lake. There, he climbed out and rubbed his eyes as he stared around. Great, now where was he… Was he back at that creepy house with his so called family? If he was he was doomed. Quickly, his eyes scanned around the area as he searched for an escape route. But before he could, he heard an all too familiar voice. “Benjamin! There you are.” His eyes looked around for a second before landing on the girl. He stared at her in amazement as her little body ran over to him. “Did you fall into the lake again?” She asked, giggling. Benjamin just stared at her as she stood up higher to kiss his lips, but he pulled back reluctantly. “Amelia, what are you doing?” He asked, staring at her in confusion. Had she just kissed him? “Kissing you… why, does my breath smell or something?” She asked, frowning as she covered her mouth. Benjamin shook his head, rubbing the back of his neck. “Uhh, no, just… I don’t know what’s going on. One minute I’m at the beach watching myself die and the next I’m in a lake and here you are kissing me. The last time I’d even tried to touch you, you pulled away saying you didn’t need a man, and the prince said he loved you and…” His voice drifted off as he saw the look of confusion on her face. She didn’t understand? Had she forgotten? Or was that all dream? Or was this all a dream? Benjamin suddenly felt a little dizzy and he immediately sat down at the grass, staring off into the distance. “I don’t know what’s going on anymore, Amelia. I can’t tell what reality is or what just an illusion is. It all seems so real but yet so fake at the same time. Like, you don’t even seem yourself.” Benjamin’s voice was breaking, and he tried all he could to keep his emotions under control. Whatever dignity he still had, real or not real, he was still going to use it. He was a pirate after all… at least he thought so. Amelia sat down across from him, staring at him with pity. “Benjamin, are you having those headaches again? I told you that you need to stop going out to sea with that boat of yours, I’m afraid you might never come back and go back to your pirate ways.” Amelia picked a few strands of grass out of the ground, before touching his hand. “I understand it’s confusing and weird sometimes, but it’s been a year now. We need to move on from our past, and just enjoy the time we have together. So come on, let’s go inside.” Benjamin looked at her hand on his, wanting so bad to hold her’s. But something didn’t seem right. Amelia seemed, different… A year had passed apparently, and they weren’t pirates? What was going on…? This was not the Amelia he thought he knew. But yet, she had betrayed him back in reality. So he couldn’t be sure if maybe this was the real Amelia he was seeing. All these confusing thoughts were driving him insane! Maybe he would die from insanity than the sword. Hopefully the insanity would beat the bleeding, and then he wouldn’t be too ashamed of his death. Lying on his back, he stared up at the sky. Amelia climbed on top of him, sitting on his bare chest. He looked down, and stared in horror at his chest. His tattoo! Where’d it go?! He flung Amelia off him as he jumped to his feet and stared at him. All his body piercings and his prized tattoo were gone. Looking at Amelia, he noticed her’s were gone. Anger ran through him. Had someone dared to extract them from his body? Benjamin glared at Amelia, ignoring all the feelings that he had previously felt for her. “DID YOU GET RID OF MY TATTOO AND PIERCINGS?” His voice screamed in a tone he had never heard from himself. At first, it sort of terrified him, but he once got over it when he saw Amelia’s face. Why was she looking at him like he was some insane confused guy who had just lost his mind? “ANSWER ME!” He stared at her, before he saw her nod. Oh god, they were gone. His precious piercings and tattoo were gone, all because of her. Turning on his heels, he started to walk away, stomping his way through the tall field grass. That was before he felt sharp nails dig into his right hands wrist. Turning around, he saw her face had gone from innocent to now a monster. Just like the ones in the rest of his dreams. Her face turned an unhealthy looking pale, red piercing eyes staring at him with teeth of a lion. Yeah, this was definitely not Amelia. Benjamin quickly kicked her in the stomach before sprinting off towards god who knows where. Amelia’s morphed imposter snarled, letting out an ear-piercing growl as she hissed out some words. “Benjamin Aro Forten, you get back over here or I’ll rip you to shreds!” He heard her but kept running, trying to make out the noises to hear if she was coming after him. He needed to get out of here, and now! Benjamin tried repeatedly slapping himself, pinching his arm, doing everything to hurt himself enough to wake him up. But it was too late; the morphed imposter caught up to him and flung him to his knees, knocking him over to his stomach. There she pinned him down, pressing her sharp needle-like nails into his chest. Benjamin screamed in agony, closing his eyes so he wouldn’t have to see her anymore. Wake up Benjamin, wake up. Wake up…

His eyes opened up, his chest burning, literally. Pain screaming at him as he tried to sit up, his eyes blinking repeatedly at the dark sky. Was he awake? Was he alive? He sat up in pain, looking around. His eyes landing on the prince, all the memories flooding back to him. Benjamin’s face immediately turned into a glare as he curled his fingers into a fist. His jaw clenched and he went for the blow but fell back instead, his stomach sending shooting pains up and down his body. Benjamin groaned, moving from side to side as if to stop the pain. “What…did… you do… to… me.” Benjamin hissed, gasping between breaths. He was able to breath; it just hurt real badly right now. Every time he tried to sit up or give the prince a piece of his mind with his fists, the pain almost attacked him. It was the only thing holding him back from ripping the guy’s throat out. He had already planned out how he would kill him and boy would it be a sight. Benjamin stared at his chest, seeing his pirate tattoo. Well at least that’s still here… he thought, shivering from his wet clothes. As tempted as he was, he held his urge to just strip right there and then. The clothes would only slow him down, might even get him sick. Which would not help him escape this… land. But first he’d need to find his crew, if they were even still here. And then he’d be able to leave this cursed place, and hopefully never come back. Right now he needed to keep his mind off this whole night, Amelia was gone. He needed to move on, like she said he should. If only she had said that earlier, he wouldn’t be in this agonizing pain. Benjamin closed his eyes, biting his lip in hopes to use that as a distraction from the pain. Even on his worst enemy would he never wish this upon them. It was not only a huge pain, but it was emotionally unstable. Seriously, would you be able to keep your emotions under control if you had just almost died and had three torturing visions while you were unconscious? Probably not… Benjamin propped himself up a little, using the rock behind him to balance him a little more. He didn’t really understand why he was still alive or who had saved him. Had the prince saved him? Or was fate just giving him a second chance…

how could this happen to me? i’ve made my m i s t a k e s - - -

notes// haha... :/ had maybe a little too much fun?
    words// 2,351; umm xD
    lyrics// Always ~ Bon Jovi; sorry I keep swiching songs xD
    Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Hgdthd10 a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 F525x10

The door to the jail creaked open. The sun light filtered in, blinding Amelia right in the eyes. She squinted, holding her hand up to shield her eyes as she stood up silently. Each step of the man echoed through the jail and would rattle her to the very core. This was it. This was the end. Some noble prince Prince Lukas was, living up to his words. Who was she kidding? She was a pirate! Nobody in their right mind would help her. She was dangerous. Amelia's green eyes were tinted with a slight fear; she was too young to die. Her eyes flashed back to the man in the corner. He seemed to be coming back to consciousness and actually was starting to understand what was going on. He waved her over with a finger. Nodding, Amelia crouched next to his side and let him press a small dagger into her hands, "Seen you before pretty lady. It'd be such a shame to see you hangin' from the noose. Rumor has it they gunna be displayin' your body too." He whispered, his breath reeking with alcohol. Amelia could feel her throat tighten up as she wrapped her tiny fingers around the blade, then slid it in her corset. Using her body to discourage future pirates? That was funny. She barely reached five foot, she wouldn't be that intimidating hanging dead. "Don't know what it will do, but you gots a brain, a nice sharp brain, you'll find a way out. And then wait for me by the shore." Amelia nodded silently. She wasn't actually going to meet up with him if she managed to escape. She just needed him to believe she would so she could keep the knife that she ran through her fingers.

She spun around as the the cell door rattled with the man in the cape's sudden movement.. Her green eyes matched with the man's which were slightly obscured by the over-sized ridiculous hood draping across his head. "Time's up for you," A twisted laugh rung through the damp air as the door to the cell flew open, Amelia barely flinched at the sharp tone to his voice. Amelia's eyes flickered from the open space under his arm to the man's face and back to the empty space where she could possibly escape. It was worth a shot. Closing her eyes, she darted towards the open space made by his body and the cell door. She felt a hand press against her face, pushing her nose right into her head and shove her with a great force to the floor. "So desperate... so desperate." His words drifted off as he came into the cell and locked the door behind him. Amelia sat there on the floor, propped on her elbows with blood dripping from her fragile nose. She used the back of her arm to wipe the blood dripping from her nose as she sat fully up to look the man square in the face. His features were strong and withered with age, he definitely could have been a past pirate but since changed his ways. His eyes were stern and held no compassion at all. At least Amelia had some love in her. She rocked onto the tips of her toes as she crouched right in front of the man lowered on his knees, freeing her from the wall she was chained to. She waited until he looked up at her before spitting in his face and pushing him to the ground. He fell over, but was quick to get back up on his feet. "You fool! I am only the first man they sent, you have not even the slimmest chance of escape, you skank." Amelia dodged his wrinkly old hand swiping at her face, and quickly snatched the keys hanging from his belt. "Not just any old skank, a lying, thieving, no good, rotten one. One about to write the pages of history with this escape!" With all her might, she pinned the man against the wall and used the chains, previously used to bound her, and wrapped the chain around his hands, then chained his hands to his feet. He was lucky she hadn't slipped the chain around his throat, but dead men tell no tales; her great escape wouldn't live on if she killed him.

Amelia bit her lip as she ran all the keys through her hands. "Come on, come on, come on." She whispered as she tried a random key in the rusted over lock. She grabbed the door and shook it violently, hoping it would fly open. Her last bit of hope seemed to die out as the door refused to budge. The man she had bound earlier was busy laughing at her suffering, "We got lots of keys. We got keys for every room in the palace, we got keys to all the jail cells, we got keys to all the shops in town, we got keys to everything. Lots of keys! You'll never find out which key opens this door though. At least, not before the other men arrive." Amelia could feel her lips pull up in a sneer as she kicked him clean across the face. A kick that would leav him sleeping like a baby for a good hour or so, "I like you better when you're not talking." She smiled to herself as she tried a new key. Her palms were sweating and she could barely hold the keys anymore. Her smile grew when she felt the key start to turn. The door almost clicked open, just a little more pressure with the key... and then it happened. The keys slid from her wet hands and fell to the floor. The loud jingle of the keys hitting the floor was almost deafening. Amelia's eyes widened as the echo finally died down. She fell to her knees and peered through the bars of the cell and searched around the floor. Aha! They had fallen just under a chair and probably just out of reach. No! Amelia shoved both arms through the bars and tried to reach for the keys. Her only chance of escape now was just out of reach, literally. Her arms fell limp on the floor and she buried her face in the straw below her. She could care less if it was moldy and smelled of old dead crusty men. She just couldn't win... It was fate. She was going to die here with a rope around her neck.

What seemed like agonizing hours was maybe a couple of minutes. The door to the jail flew open again. This time instead of a single old man plowing through the door, it was a whole army of men. All dressed the same, all carrying swords, some looked to be barely 18. They marched past her cell to the end of the room. The whole room was filled with men in seconds. Amelia slowly lifted her head up and watched as a man of a high rank marched through the crowd of men, stopping just before her cell. His medals gleamed and jangled, and his uniform was freshly pressed and clean. The dolphins and anchors on her shoulder pads were a clear sign he was a captain. His face was marked with an overly smug grin, as if today was his coronation as king. His beady eyes fell from Amelia to where her arms were still reaching for; the keys. Laughing, he bent down and picked the keys up and let them rest on his pinky. "Are these what you were reaching for my dear?" He leaned in closer to the cell, dangling the keys right before Amelia, but just out of reach. She made a quick strike for the keys but just barely skimmed the edge of one of the keys. The rage sparked in Amelia's eyes as she pulled back from the door. She stood up quickly and slowly walked backwards until her back was pressed against the wall. "I'm not yours or anyone's dear." She came charging at the jail cell door like a hippo would charge at an intruder. The door rattled as her little body pressed against it. The men all laughed in unison, like little boys would laugh as they teased a dog from the opposite side of a fence. "You all are disgusting." Amelia's hands were wrapped firmly around the bars of the cell until her knuckles were white and her face was twisted in a God awful scowl. The officer laughed as if this was all just a play and none of it was actually real, but it was. He walked back to the men, circling a few times and spinning the keys on his index finger. Amelia's green eyes were blazing with the anger boiling inside her as she scanned the crowd of men. Their faces were all unblemished and free of any emotion as they stood silently attentive to the captain. They were all just props to showcase this man's power and authority! "Disgusting? That tickles my fancy, what about us disgusts you?" His eyes showed no signs of curiosity. "I have no time for small talk, let me talk to Davy Jones already!" Amelia threatened through clenched teeth, grabbing her neck as a gesture of the future hanging of hers. "He's quite charming actually. Might even let me come back to my body for free, I have my ways." She dragged her fingers along the rusted cold metal bars, with a somewhat seductive glance towards the officer. Amelia's face remained unchanged as the captain lunged at the cell, he was all tricks and show but he could do nothing, Amelia felt the least bit threatened. "What are you angling for pirate?!" The man's hand reached for the sword latched to his waist. By the look of the handle it was only a ceremony sword, its blade was blunt.

Amelia raised a brow as she leaned against the bars, "You all are boring me. Just kill me already." One of the men stepped forth from the crowd with a set of keys. The officer threw his hand across the man's chest. "What do you think you're doing?!" His tone of voice was anything but pleasant. The man cowered and dropped his keys, "I was doing what she asked... bring her to the hanging grounds we're late anyways." A sharp sound of flesh hitting flesh broke through the air as the officer slapped the man across the face. "You take orders from me, and me alone! Not some filthy pirate." Amelia laughed, "Thanks for the compliment your great officerliness." The smile placed on her lips was innocent as he charged again at the door again. God he did a lot of charging. She was just waiting for him to actually do something. Like, oh say, take her to the hanging grounds already? This game of pick and tease was getting old. He was so easy to work up and so predictable too. "Officer, you put on quite a show, if only you'd hang me already! You've threatened me so far, but here I am. Still in my jail cell, yet to be hung. You're all talk. If you are to join those oh so great admirals you need to be ruthless, show no mercy. As for now, I am the least bit threatened by your presence. In fact, I'm quite enjoying myself at the moment. Do you have any rum?" There was a deathly silence that filled the whole room, followed by the sound of the door clicking open. Amelia stood there with her hands outstretched, ready to be cuffed and a giant smile stretching from ear to ear plastered on her lips. The officer slapped the shackles around her wrists and shoved her out the door of the cell with some force, but she could tell he wasn't putting his all into it. She'd have to push more buttons of his. Smirking, Amelia looked around the whole room, "Oooh! Shoving! How daring of you." The sarcasm laced in her voice was obvious as she rolled her emerald green eyes. Might as well have some fun before she dies. The officer wasn't too pleased with her constant teasing and sarcasm. He shoved her against the wall; he was really taking what she said to heart, "You learn quick officer. But, I still don't feel threatened at all. This wall's rather comfy, sir." She heard a couple giggles out of the otherwise silent and emotionless men who could have easily been compared to statues. Without a word the man pushed her against the wall harder, then used his force to drag her across the wall. Okay, that hurt, not going to lie. He let go off his tight grip and she fell slowly to her knees. "You might as well just join the pirates, you've certainly learned fast." Amelia wiped the dirt off her face to reveal a fresh set of cuts as if nothing just happened. But her face was screaming with pain. It stung just at the very thought of the cuts. They were deep too. She bit her lip, trying to hold in the scream building at the back of her throat.

She was forced to rise. Her legs wobbled underneath her, she was weaker than she thought; then again she hadn't eaten in a couple of days, it was excusable. But she slapped on a brave face and was led out of the jail. The sun was already setting just below the water. It had been a day since she captured and where she saw Benjamin... die. And where she last had seen Prince Lukas. She choked on her spit with a slight hesitancy to her step. She clenched her fists and held her head high. The cold blade of the dagger pressed against her skin reminding her of the man she met in the jail. She raised her hands to touch her neck where the rope would be tied. She took in a deep breath and let her hands fall back down. The man behind her shoved the blunt of his sword into her back, pushing her forward. "Watch it!" She snapped, her green eyes caught his until he looked away, reluctantly easing the pressure of the sword. Amelia could hear the faint sound of blaring trumpets and rattling snares off in the distance. God, they were making this a whole celebration. At least Amelia had some dignity, she only killed in self defense. These men... these men they were monsters. Holding a grudge against her for crimes she never committed against them. If she could remember clearly she hadn't threatened anyone in the bar. She had kept to herself and was enjoying the rum and music until those men came along. Greedy filthy men looking for money. They should be the ones hanged, they caused all of this. Amelia dragged her bare toes along the dirt as she walked along with the crowd of soldiers. She couldn't remember what she had done with her boots... but they weren't on her feet anymore. The walk before them seem never ending as it twisted and turned down the mountain to the center of the town where the fort was, where her hanging was to take place. Looking up from here she could already see a good number of people flooding the center of the fort. A little smile crossed her lips, aww she was special. All those people came just to view her death.

By the time they reached the fort the sun was just about to set over the horizon. The sky was painted orange and a glowing red. As she took her first steps onto the cold cobblestone of the fort she could feel all the heads turn into her general direction. As the soldiers marched past and cleared way she could feel the eyes burning on her, like she was some demon sent from hell. Of course she felt no shame about anything though, so she let a shameless grin spread across her lips. Her head was carried high as she was taught in her early years of a princess. The way she carried herself one could easily tell she was of noble heritage. Her delicate face was marked with blood and dirt from earlier, but somehow her features remained stunning nonetheless. Her dark hair fell in lose messy waves that clung loosely around her face and fell just past her shoulder blades. The beads and braids she had tied in a day earlier had remained intact. Her clothes however were ripped and marked with dried blood and crusted mud. Her corset was ripped slightly at the back and her pants that clung to her legs were ripped unevenly at the bottoms.

Her bare feet made no sound as she climbed the wooden stairs with her hands bound behind her back with metal cuffs. The crowd remained silent as the drums let lose a monotonous thunder. There was two men waiting for Amelia, both dressed in all black with their faces concealed by a dark mask. They both were huge broad men and looked like they meant business, and could break Amelia in half with one hand. They carried with them a heavy broadsword that sagged their weapon belt and a giant axe that would cleanly slice off any head if needed to. Amelia stood proudly amongst the two men, waiting for the admiral to read off the orders. The drumming stopped and everything fell silent. Even the ocean seemed to remain silent, waiting for those life threatening words. "This young lady, charged of numerous crimes but above all piracy, shall be punished by the use of hanging! Her body will be hung by the docks as a warning to all future and current pirates!" The voice rung out clear as a whistle and the crowd bursted into a roar. Amelia's face remained emotionless as she stepped towards the block to stand on. One of the men unshackled her hands. And that's when it hit her. The cold blade pressed to her skin would be her great escape. Maybe she did have to meet this man afterwords, this was her ticket out of here. The rope was draped around her neck and tightened. Her lips pursed as she thought about Benjamin and Lukas... if only she could get her hands on them right now and strangle them to death, she'd die happy. She imagined the two out in the parlor buying each other drinks. She'd die all over again just to sneak up behind and wrap her tiny hands around their lying necks. She was pulled out of her daze as the death drums sounded. Quickly, she reached for the dagger in her corset and hid her hands behind her back, fingering the dagger in her hands before closing her hand around the tiny blade.

Then it all happened. It happened so quickly. The man pulled on the lever that opened the door below her feet. Before she fell she screamed what she and everyone else thought were her last words, "ADIOS!" The rope quickly tightened around her neck, but she wasn't dead... Everyone cheered, assuming she was as good as dead and gone. Amelia gasped for air, it was just enough to buy her a few more seconds. Quickly, Amelia fumbled with the dagger before pressing it right to the rope.

Notes - I love Amelia in this post xDD
    Words - 3,239!!! dfskjhdaskjfak BIGGEST POST EVERR AHHHHHH
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:50 pm

I EDITED MY POST SO NOW ITS OVER 3,200 WORDS
    IM SERIOSULY HYPERVENTALATING OVER HERE
    EEEEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOO
    DEEP BREATHS DEEP BREATHS.
    OHGOD
    IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW xDD
    I BROKE 3000 MARKKK YESSSSSS
    SCOREEEEEE
    fgfkjdsjfkjdskjdfhkadfj
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:23 am

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 20f3fca pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Hvxk6h

/ / / / L u k a s 'William' W h i t e bane of Airtisua

___ B E H O L D H E R E C O M E S T H E S O N __
    Believe it, he was born to be the chosen one

Lukas watched with mild concern as the pirate came to, obviously in agony and trying with all his might and main to give Lukas a taste of his own medicine. Each time he leapt forward to latch his hands onto Lukas' throat, pain's sharp teeth sunk into him and reined him in, causing him to reel back in torment. Finally the man tried squirming about to ease the pain. "What...did... you do... to... me." He said finally through his teeth, inhaling sharply between words. Lukas raised an eyebrow at the man, then looked about the shoreline, gathering up his knife, towel, and whiskey before standing and brushing himself off with his one free hand. "Well, not much, besides saving your life." He gave a small grin as he looked down on the quarter-full bottle of liquor in the crook of his arm. "Here." He grabbed it and tossed it to the pirate boy, lodging it into the fine, white sand beside him with perfect aim. The tawny liquid sloshed about in the clear glass jug, catching the glow thrown off the moonlit sand. "You may need that. In fact I guarantee it." He slid the reddened towel off his shoulder and threw it into the sea, then examined the knife. It was a cleaver with a nice, dark red wood handle and a fine edge, he noted as he tested it with his thumb. A polished metal circle in the handle brandished an engraving of a shield. "Hmmmm..." He pondered keeping it. He might have use for it later, especially if he was going to help that pirate girl and this particularly unlucky fellow before him. He debated with himself for a moment why he was doing this at all. He had no idea who these people were. But you feel a connection, A voice rang in his mind. So? He countered. That could be anything. Maybe it was because he'd shut himself off from women, save Nellie, for so long that he felt obligated to her every beck and call. Like he needed to do anything he could to please her. No.. that wasn't it. He furrowed his brow, scolding himself for such thoughts. This girl, he felt, hadn't done anything wrong. And though he couldn't be sure, it was too late to turn back now. He'd gone past the point of no return. Same for the boy, he thought, and flicked his wrist, flinging the knife to the kid. "There you go, kid. A little souvenir from your brush with death. " This time his voice was dead serious.

Lane had by now drifted to the edge of the forest flanking each end of the shoreline, pacing up and down the treeline, looking anxiously over at Lukas, or more particularly at the pirate. Lukas gestured with two fingers for the stableboy to step forward. Lane etched his way over beside Lukas, trying to act casual about his pace, as if he'd seen better pirates before. Hands in his pockets, he nodded at the pirate politely from behind Lukas' slight frame, grey eyes darting. Lukas gave a silent sigh, feeling sorry for the poor kid behind him. Here, he had seen more slaughter in one day than anyone else of his age had seen in their lifetime...and all of it, so far as Lane knew, was because of the man right in front of them. "We gotta go, kid." He said to both the pirate and Lane, but looking over at Rage, who was standing boredly a few yards away, where the girl had been taken, with one back leg bent and his eyes fluttering shut. Lukas gave the two boys a look, then called Rage. He perked up, prancing over to his side. He mounted, turning Rage around to face the boys. "If you want to avoid dying twice and save that girly friend of yours, I suggest you get a horse." This time his words were pointed at the pirate, and he nodded over to the street in front of the tavern where two horses, one black and one buttery chesnut, stood waiting. With that, Lukas began off towards the palace. When he reached the street he saw the sheriff's horse dicing his way down the street in his direction. Lukas's head darted around to see the pirate still on the shore. Apprehension clenched at his heart. The chief yelled, "Oy, what a mess," when he was close. "Yes, quite." Lukas said, his eyes darting from the shore back to the sheriff, who cried, "I saw that pirate girl getting towed off by the admiral. Going to be quite a hanging tomorrow!" So it is tomorrow, Lukas reassured himself. "Mm. A spectacle indeed." His voice was laced with disgust. The sheriff pulled up his horse beside Rage until the two were nose-to-tail. "I spose I'm going to get a cleanup crew down here." Sheriff Kinsey muttered, scanning the bodies. Lukas said nothing, a bead of sweat running down his back. "All the men are keeping a look out for a man, too. About 6 foot or so, black hair." Then the sheriff noticed the man on the beach. . "Who's your friend?" he asked, looking over Lukas' shoulder .Lukas' throat clenched up. He looked back, as if not knowing what the man meant. Lane was nowhere to be seen, but the pirate was there. "Ahhhh, an old friend. Got a bit tipsy on the way home, so he's resting. Just glad he didn't get caught up in this mess." Lukas said with a remarkable casuality. Sheriff Kinsey just nodded and began walking again. "Alright then, Lukas. Be careful now."

When the sheriff was out of sight, Lukas let out a long-held breath of relief and looked back once again. "Come on, kid! We've got a hanging to attend!"

T H E C A L L I S F O R A W A R R I O R

.... notes: Verti, I was thinking you could skip to the next day on your post, after you respond to all this. xD
    .... words: 970... ehh.
    .... lyrics: A Warrior's Call by VOLBEAT.

Last edited by TheElves on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:32 am

HAHAHAHA Benjamin is going to be so confused xD BUT SURE. I'll post tomorrow, 'kay?
    Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Yeah, sure. The only reason I'm online is because my computer was my main present. xP And I was kind of ditzy when I posted this.. lack of sleep getting at me, so if something doesn't make sense I'll fix it. xP (Like the sheriff...I'm not sure if they had sheriffs back then, but he's like the queen's... main... enforcer or something. xP)
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:49 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 2ljglms a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Kcksd3
    BENJAMIN 'ARO' FORTEN

but you can’t see his blood
    //I T ‘ S N O T H I N G B U T S O M E F E E L I N G S //

Pain was literally killing him inside and out. When he tried to sit up, his stomach sent shooting darts to pierce him inside. And biting his lip was not helping, it would only distract him for a second if less. The taste of his own blood from his lips wasn’t even distracting enough. Maybe dying wasn’t a such a bad idea… he thought, taking deep, staggering breaths. Who knew a sword could be so painful? At least he killed the guys fast, they barely felt the pain. But no, they let him feel it as they enjoyed his misery. Benjamin was surprised the prince hadn’t started cackling and throwing stuff at him already. He had threatened him and killed tons of his townsmen, including a few soldiers. Why couldn’t he just end it already? Living wasn’t such a good idea anymore, now that he knew the truth. Settling down was not an option for him anymore. If he even tried, his family would be in danger from all those people wanting revenge. Benjamin would never have a normal life. It was kind of sad to know that you only got one chance at this life, and he had messed up bad. If only he could get another chance, maybe he would have a nice family. A life that didn’t turn into vicious monsters, one that didn’t involve killing people for a living… one that didn’t involve heartache. If only…

Benjamin looked at the prince, his words sounding muffled. He could only hear bits and parts. “…much… saving your life.” Saving his life? He did no such thing. He was killing him, letting him slowly perish away, the pain slowly eating him alive. His teeth chattered from the cold, but he was able to hiss out a few words. “You… are..a liar.” For a moment, he stared deep into the prince’s eyes. But he looked away, trying to do his best to stop the teeth chattering. He was so cold, and these stupid soaked clothes and chilling wind were not helping. It was like fate was laughing at him, taunting him. Giving a taste of his own medicine. Well he had had enough! Benjamin was done acting like a wimpy fool. He was stupid to think that he should just die. And give in that easily? No way. He was going to and always would put up a fight. The cold touch of a bottle awoke him from his thoughts. The half empty liquor sloshed around by him. Benjamin tried to hide his slight grin but totally failed. This is just what he needed to start over! His cold numb fingers tried to pry the bottle open but didn’t succeed. Oh how helpful, giving him a bottle that was impossible to get open. What a good host, he thought. “You might need that. In fact, I guarantee it.” The prince’s voice wasn’t so muffled anymore. At least he could understand him now… But he was still confused why this man was so sure of helping him. Did he even know what he was getting into? Probably not, but what did he care. If he was getting help, he might as well accept it, whether he likes it or not.

For a short little while, it was quiet. The prince was probably thinking, wondering if he should really continue his plan of helping this pirate. Well, it would be a nice story to tell his kids later, if he lived. Benjamin grinned, thinking his little mind joke was quite amusing. Oh boy… I’m telling jokes in my mind now, he thought, suddenly sitting up. He needed to get this bottle open so he could get rid of this pain. At least it would help him focus more. His fingers slipped around the bottle, trying to pry the top open. After a minute of failure, it popped open. Little steam exerted from the bottle, the sweet sound of liquor opening. Immediately, he chugged a little down, the “medicine” already doing its job. Benjamin was able to sit up without huge needles piercing his sides. Another helpful item was thrown to his side. “There you go, kid. A little souvenir from your brush with death.” The little dagger wasn’t a great help, but it could do some damage. The blade was still bloody as Benjamin caressed it in his hands. His blood. His life. The prince was sure correct about his “brush with death”. And if this man was not lying about saving his life, maybe he could trust him. Maybe. But right now, he was keeping his guard up. For just a few minutes ago one of his men had almost killed him. Who knew what little mind games this guy could be playing.

Sitting there, Benjamin sipped the liquid peacefully. Who knew how long it would be until he got to taste it again, so he might as well enjoy it. Besides, chugging it would send him into a full on crazy drunk man. And the last time he was drunk, he had killed over 20 men. Chuckling, Benjamin remembered it. It felt so long ago now, but it was only like a few hours ago. Funny how time could play mind tricks on you. One moment your drunk and on top of the world and the next you’re laying on the floor, dead. Life sure had its surprises. Benjamin was not expecting to be so close to dying, losing all his hard work and feared name to some cowardly Navy Soldier who snuck up on him. His crew was going to be laughing at him for days… Biting his lip, he set down the bottle on the sand. It was funny how he kept forgetting about his crew, his life. This one girl had literally twisted her finger into his brain, making his thoughts jumbled and confused. Was he supposed to move on like she said to and go back to his crew? Or help her out, even when she specifically said not to? God he felt like banging his head against a wall right now. Too many choices, too many hard decisions… too many. Rubbing his cold hands together, he sat on the sand as he watched a young stable boy come to the prince. Boy was the kid scared. His eyes darting everywhere, almost trying to force casualness in his actions. At points, the boy reminded Benjamin of when he was younger. The days when he was having second thoughts of joining these pirates. If he hadn’t joined the pirates, would he have been this shy and quiet? Oh he hoped not… It would be so embarrassing! Benjamin shot a little smile at the boy before he turned away. The kid deserved a little acknowledgment that he wasn’t going to get his throat sliced. Benjamin didn’t enjoy killing people, and that rage he went on earlier felt a little weird thinking about it now. Well, now he knew why his crewmates got him drunk before a big battle, he went bloodthirsty. Rubbing his face, he stretched his sore muscles. “We gotta go, kid. If you want to avoid dying twice and save that girly friend of yours, I suggest you get a horse.” The prince was off without another word, heading towards his steed. But Benjamin didn’t move, frowning at the words he had spoken. Save her? Why? She didn’t need mans help, she could make it by herself. So why should he keep trying to follow her? Why, the girl had even betrayed him, luring him into her little trap. Benjamin tried to scramble to his feet but his legs buckled beneath him and he collapsed on the sand. Fingers digging into the grains of the sand, he grunted as he pulled himself to his feet. Wobbly and unstable, he grabbed his bottle and dagger before taking unsteady steps in the direction of the horses. He felt like a little child having to learn how to walk, but this time he was a fully grown 18 year old man. Heart pounding and shivering, he made it to the black horse after a full three and a half minutes of pure torture. Gripping the saddle, he stared at it anxiously. The horse sensed his anxiety and pranced nervously in place while Benjamin just stared at the saddle.

He hadn’t ridden a horse in forever, what if Benjamin had forgotten? What if he fell and made a huge fool of himself? Nervously, he slipped his dagger in his pocket and the bottle in the other. Gripping the stallion’s mane, he slipped one foot into the stirrup and swung himself up. But something was wrong, where did the horses head go? Where were the reins? Sitting there for a second dumfounded, he finally noticed what the problem was. He was on the horse backwards! Groaning, he tried to slip one foot out and sit forward, but the stallion decided it was time to go and started walking. “Woah woah! Stop, horse stop moving. I SAID STOP.” Benjamin was clinging onto the stallion’s rump, trying to get the steed to halt. No such luck… So, ungracefully, he attempted to sit correctly in the saddle. And after a torturous ten seconds, he sat forward on the horse. By now the stallion was prancing his way, trying to find where his prince had gone. Benjamin pulled back, halting him. He sat there for a little, out of breath and shaking. The stallion stood there impatiently as he saw the prince come into view. Benjamin sighed, squeezing the stallion into a quick trot as he caught up with the boy and the prince. At first, Benjamin was totally off balance and looked like a little kid on a rambunctious rocking horse. But after a little, he got used to it. He proudly sat there, looking on top of the world again. His stomach still ached but the liquor was numbing the pain for a little. He watched the prince with uneasy eyes, trying to figure out if he needed to escape or not. At the moment, he wasn’t sure if he was going to go save the girl or run off and go find his crew, if they were still here. That was the one problem in his decision, what if his crew had heard the news and thought he had been killed? Would they have given up on him easily, leaving? Or would they have stayed, hoping he would show up? Well I guess I’ll have to find that out… he thought, his decision made. He’d go to the hanging, but if he saw his crew he’d be gone. The prince could handle himself, he was royalty after all. With his word he could just stop it, why was he needed anyways?

After a good half hour of riding, Benjamin heard voices. Casually, he sat there as if he heard nothing. But his eyes were darting everywhere in search of the voices. They sort of sounded familiar… too familiar. Then, they came into view. Around a corner, eleven pirates came around the corner talking and chattering about all the excitement. Benjamin’s heart leapt as he recognized every single one of them, well except for one scrawny guy but who cared about him. Squeezing the stallion into a quick trot as he smiled broadly at the men. The pirates looked up in shock, looking at the man suspiciously. That was before they noticed who it was. Some looked like they had just seen a ghost and a few were whooping and running towards him. It was like a family reunion. Jumping off his horse, he was attacked with slaps on the back and monstrous bear hugs. Before they had all calmed down, Benjamin was out of breath and his back and stomach were throbbing but he was grinning from side to side. One of his crewmates looked at him, shaking his head. “Benjamin, you look like a mess, lad where’s your shirt? Or your sword?” More and more started speaking, asking him questions. “Yeah, Benjamin, what happened? We thought you died or were getting hung.” “What’s up with the gash on your back and stomach?” “Benjamin, where’d you get the horse?” “Dude, what happened?” Benjamin was getting over whelmed with all the questions, and with great confusion he couldn’t answer one question straight. In fact, his words were so jumbled up he sounded like he was talking gibberish or something. That was, before one of his crewmates noticed the prince and the boy behind. “Benjamin! WATCH OUT. You’ve been being tailed by the prince and his little helper. Kill them before they kill you!” The words shook him from his daze and he watched in horror as the pirate charged at the prince and the boy, screaming and running. Most were drunk and wouldn’t stand a chance if the prince attacked them. But if they were like him when he was drunk, the prince was doomed. Benjamin shook his head, his voice suddenly gone from his throat. No, they couldn’t kill them. His feet scrambled to life as he sprinted after them. Benjamin caught up quickly, throwing them all to the ground before every single one of them were on the floor, groaning and complaining. “No one touches these two, or I’ll have to kill every single one of you. Got it?” Benjamin was almost snarling at all the men, but every single one of them nodded. He was their captain after all and they knew he would keep his word on killing every single one of them. So why risk it? Benjamin sighed, out of breath and exhausted. He was totally wrong about his decision earlier. Here was his crew and Benjamin hadn’t escaped with them. He was going soft, having feelings for a traitor. Frustrated, he marched his way back to the stallion, mounting with ease this time. “I’m going to go rescue a pirate girl from being hung, because of me. Anyone who wants to join me, do. But I warn you, some of you may not come out alive. So if you want to save your throat and live, then stay. Though risking your life is more exciting than you think it is.” Benjamin looked back at the prince, smirking. His plan was to gather up all the pirates and just totally ruin the whole hanging. It would be a hanging to remember, that would be for sure. And if Amelia wasn’t happy about him saving her butt, then too bad. He was following his heart, and his heart was tugging towards the hanging post, not towards the sea. Boy was he falling hard for his girl…

It had been almost a day now since he had last seen Amelia being dragged off by the Navy Soldiers. Those disgusting, blood thirsty soldiers who thought so highly of themselves. Truth was, they were as down right dirty as any other pirate 'round here. Maybe even dirtier. A smug grin was plastered on his face as the group exited from the wilderness. They had about thirteen skilled men and one stable hand. Well, it was better than two skilled men and one stable hand right? Correctomendo. The stallion pranced beneath him, sensing the axiety and excitement around him. Benjamin looked behind him, making a head count. He looked over his crewmates then back at the boy and the prince. "You boys ready to make history?" Benjamin asked, turning the horse to face them for a moment. His crew whoooped and cheered, ready to take the world on if he asked them. His blue eyes looked at the prince and the boy for a second before clucking his tongue as he urged the stallion forward. "Here we go..." He mummbled to himself, entering the crowded town streets. Benjamin tried to hide from the eyes, knowing they would be looking for him too. Then he found the perfect concealer. A brown cloak. He trotted over to the stand, quickly stealing the cloak with skill. As he trotted back to the group, he slipped it on and over his head. Now he was totally concealed, no one would know. He'd just look like some messenger or something. His crewmates did their best to find some stuff to conceal their pirate looks. Before you knew it, they all looked like normal men going around town. Benjamin sat proudly on the horse, happy that he was finally getting the hang of this. That was until someone decided to not move out of his way. Benjamin swerved to miss the kid but ended up trampling over a man. He stared in horror at the squished body. "Oh man... Sir I'm so sorry, I didn't see --" He was cut off by the random cursing of his squished body. "You little good for nothing man! Look where you're going. Next time you might actually kill someone. Gosh, maybe you should just ..." His voice faded out as they quickly left the scene. A few of his crewmates snickered about the incident. Benjamin jerked his head backwards, giving the two a quick glare as they both shut up. "Remember our mission boys: save the girl. No distractions, do you hear?" Benjamin annouced, hearing the murmurs of agreement. Sometimes he felt like their mom, having to watch out for their every move. But no one to help him when he made an escape, somehow he always expected to get away. But maybe next time he wouldn't get away so easy... maybe next time he'd be dead and gone. Forever. He touched the wound on his stomach, reminded of the fatalities of mistakes. Biting his lip, he pushed the thoughts out of his head. Like he said, no distractions. That meant not thinking about death or anything else. It was time to move on and save Amelia before it was too late. Too late. He could just imagine her tiny body hanging from the rope; lifeless. Just like he would have been without the prince man. In almost five minutes they had arrived to the hanging grounds. But it looked abandoned, why? That was when his fears became reality. Her body was hanging, he could see it. Benjamin tried to canter the stallion closer, to get a better look. But the little crowd surrounding the hanging was keeping him well away. Fury rushed over him. She was dead? No, she couldn't be. Not Amelia, not the girl who got away from everything. If only he could have been faster and not taken so long to get here. His stupid wound, his stupid carelessness. Jumping off the stallion, he picked up the dagger in his hands. Well, he came here to make history. So he wasn't going to stop at that. Ignoring the calls from his men, he rushed through the crowd, jumping the small fence holding back the crowd and ran towards the guards. "You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Saying that you're doing the law by killing criminals, when really YOU are the criminals!" Benjamin's rage was thrown upon the men as they both were helplessly attacked by a skilled pirate. Their loss, his win. "You all call us thieves, murderers, brutes, criminals, when you are actually the brutes and murderers. Who comes to watch people hang? BLOOD THIRSTY BRUTES THAT'S WHO! You guys are the filthy scoundrels who run this town." Benjamin pointed to the guards around him and then the people watching the hanging. "One day, your ruling days will be over. And every single one of you will die, hanging in these exact spots where you put the innocent people that are hanging here. They are only trying to make a living to stay alive. Most of us wouldn't even hurt you, but yet you hurt us. SO LEAVE YOU SCUMS, FLEE TO YOUR SO CALLED HOMES. Or I will slit every one of your throats for murder." Benjamin cut off the hanging bodies as he watched most of the crowd leave. He might as well release the bodies before the guards came. When he reached Amelia's spot though, her body was replaced by a guard. He frowned, staring at it. Where was Amelia?

how could this happen to me? i’ve made my m i s t a k e s - - -

notes// sorry, forgot to add the next day xD
    words// 3,361
    lyrics// Always ~ Bon Jovi

Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

a pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 20f3fca pirate's life for me (creative title xD) - Page 2 Hvxk6h

/ / / / L u k a s 'William' W h i t e bane of Airtisua

___ B E H O L D H E R E C O M E S T H E S O N __
    Believe it, he was born to be the chosen one

Lukas looked back past the stableboy's shoulder to see the pirate stumbling over to one of the horses. Inside, it pained him to watch the man so in pain, so uncoordinated. He really wanted to go help the kid out, but knew that he wouldn't accept it. And so he kept a gruff exterior about himself. He had to. He was going out on a limb to help him, but he couldn't let down his veil of authority just yet. He had to watch himself... and the pirate. Until he could be sure that his good samaritan actions wouldn't backfire on him. He looked down at Rage's glistening shoulder absently, pondering whether or not he should just turn the kid in tonight. Be done with it. Everyone knew that no good deed went unpunished. He was really risking himself here. And for what? To save some pirate girl and her boyfriend, so they could sail away without even a thank you? The kid had even called him a liar earlier, something he'd done his best to shrug off. The kid would never trust him. Not a prince, of course! Not someone he'd been bred to loathe! Lukas shook his head, rubbing his eyes and letting out a sigh. Hopefully the kid would at least remotely trust him by the time they were done rescuing the girl. He could only try, he thought as he reined in Rage and waited for the boy to catch up.

After a good forty minutes of silent riding towards the palace, Lukas had let the pirate drift ahead of him a bit, so that the kid was constantly in his view. Lane had slung both his legs over one side of the saddle, staring blankly at the ground that slowly passed by underneath him. Rage was chewing on his bit with boredom. The night air was eerily calm. The stores and houses they passed were all quiet and void of movement. Lukas felt a wince of guilt pierce his chest as he passed those houses...the houses of his people. The people he would one day reign over. That is, if he didn't get executed for helping pirates. He sighed. He was continuously battling with himself now, one part of him seeing the human in these people, the other seeing the infinitely more dangerous, volatile side of them. The pirate side. While he was mulling over that toxic subject is when the others came.

Lukas brought Rage to a sudden halt, the stallion voicing his protests by dropping his haunches a bit and pawing the cobblestones. He felt Lane's hand on his shoulder. "What is i-" Lane asked before seeing them. Out of his peripheral vision, Lukas saw the young man go pale as a sheet with fright. "It's alright," Lukas muttered, keeping a stony face and giving the group of people a stare from under his eyebrows as they enveloped the pirate kid in a smothering of talk and black slaps and hugs. They assaulted him with overlapping questions, all examining the jagged red line where his gash lay. Apparently none of them had seen Lukas, or didn't care. Still, Lukas kept the fingers of one hand wrapped firmly around the gilded, ornate hilt of his sword. Then it happened. One of the men looked up and saw him, obviously surprised. He yelled at the kid, but Lukas couldn't make it all out. "Benjamin...WATCH OUT!...tailing...kill them!" The rest of what he said drifted away, but it didn't matter as the whole crew charged at him like a crazed mob. Rage's ears flew back. He reared up, his flinty hooves flashing at the men and his eyes lolling about with... well, rage. Lukas held onto his reins for dear life, his knuckles turning white, as the stallion's body went erect. Lane wrapped his arms around Lukas' waist as he threatened to slide off the insane's horse's back. Rage let out a inflamed snort before letting gravity take him abck down, still stamping his feet and biting at the crowd. Then the kid that Lukas now knew was named Benjamin stormed forward, throwing all of them to the ground with the hissing admonishment, “No one touches these two, or I’ll have to kill every single one of you. Got it?” Lukas gave a quirk of his eyebrow, still trying to calm Rage. Rage stood quivering with anger, his head still lowered, eyes flashing about but mostly focusing on Benjamin. Lukas backed him up a step, watching as Benjamin went back over to his and mounted, this time without faltering, a look of annoyment still carved on his features. “I’m going to go rescue a pirate girl from being hung, because of me. Anyone who wants to join me, do. But I warn you, some of you may not come out alive. So if you want to save your throat and live, then stay. Though risking your life is more exciting than you think it is.” He told the group of men that were just daring to get up off the street, throwing a smirk in Lukas' direction. Lukas gave the group of men a once-over. Now he would have to watch out for these guys, too. They didn't look as honorable as Benjamin, but he couldn't know yet. He'd be able to tell by tomorrow, though.

Lukas rode into town the next morning with the men he'd met yesterday surrounding him A coarse maroon cloak veiled his features in shadow as his steed Rage managed to pick through the crowd without going insane. A young girl bumped into his rump and he gave snort, throwing his head around to shove the girl away. Lukas couldn't help but smirk. He just hoped no one would recognize the stallion's markings, but right now no one seemed to be focused on anything but the gallows. He looked up from under the cloak to see Benjamin ahead of him, a shocked look on the kid's face as a person rambled out from under his black horse's poorly aimed hooves. The person walked past Rage, their face marred with blood. Lukas gave a knit of his brow and brought Rage up to Benjamin's side. "Try to be careful, will you?" He said in a mutter and quickly parted from Ben's side, lest he attract unwanted attention to himself. Skirting the crowd, he kept an eye on Ben at all times, watching for his brown cloak floating high above the other people. Then his gaze drifted up through the air to the gallows. She was there. Hanging... Lukas went pale. They were too late. She was gone. Anguish bit at his heart. She had expected him to come for her. And he'd failed. He let out a sharp breath and looked down, looking anywhere but at her body. Take control of yourself! You don't have time to get all emotional. Don't be an idiot. Get Ben and the rest of them, and get out of here. NOW. He snapped out of his stupor and looked up to the spot where he saw Benjamin last. He wasn't there. But his black horse was, looking about like a lost dog. Shi- Lukas thought, then a call rang out in the air. "You should all be ashamed of yourselves! Saying that you're doing the law by killing criminals, when really YOU are the criminals!" Benjamin was up on he gallows, killing the guardsmen around him with the very blade Lukas had given him. Lukas swore under his breath. Then Benjamin yelled out something else, which was smothered by the developing chatter and screams in the crowd as the bodies of guards fell from the gallows.

Whatever Benjamin yelled, it was frightening, as every man, woman and child poured out of the town square with a fervor he'd never seen before. Lukas thought it best to disappear too, as he being the last man in the crowd would definitely cause suspicion. He followed the people out of the square, trying to keep enough distance from them to keep Rage civil, then turned the mahogany steed down an alleyway that was barely wide enough for the horse's bulging shoulders. The alley curved through town, opening it's mouth beside the gallows, about 30 yards away from where Benjamin stood looking for the girl. The girl....where was she? Lukas' eyes scanned the empty square and the forest beyond, with no signs of her. "What's up?" He heard a voice from behind, jumping in his saddle. Lane walked up beside him and leaned against the alley's wall. Lukas glowered down at the boy, though he was sure Lane couldn't see his burning eyes from under the cloak. "Don't ever do that again." His stony voice shut the kid up. Lukas looked back up at the town square, dropping his cloak's hood behind his head. He leaned on the horn of the saddle as his eyes darted about for any sign of the girl. Then a flash of color in the forest. A banner of black against the bright green ferns. A blink and it vanished. He kicked up Rage. "There we are." He grinned, and held tight, as Rage bolted off across the town square.

T H E C A L L I S F O R A W A R R I O R

.... Notes: I have an idea. Whenever Amelia is done freaking out, Lukas could sneak them into the palace dock and give them a ship. Or they can just steal a Navy boat like Green said, which would be alot more exciting. xP IDEAS, PEOPLE.
    .... Words: 1540. Wheeeeee.
    .... Lyrics: A Warrior's Call by VOLBEAT!
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Somehow Amelia was still alive and dangling from the rope. Her breathing was quick and shallow as she gasped for air. She knew the only way she'd make it out of this mess is if she'd just get the blade through the rope, it was proving to be much more difficult than she would ever have thought of. But she was slowly losing oxygen, and her muscles were growing limp. The blade slid through the first few strands of the rope, it groaned with the sudden loss of tension. A small sly smile wriggled across her lips as she pressed the small blade harder, until finally the rope lost its grip. Before she knew it, she was on the ground gasping for breath. The rope swung idely back and forth and Amelia held back the growing grin, this wasn't over yet she hadn't won just yet. She'd have to find a quick way to make it look like a body was still hanging from the rope. Her eyes darted around and finally landed on a guard just feet away with his back turned to her facing the crowd. As she ran the blade through her fingers, she pushed herself off the ground and quietly stalked her prey like a lioness in the pride. Her bare feet barely made a sound against the cold stone, allowing her to sneak up behind the guard. She slipped right behind the man, covering his mouth as she ran the blade smoothly across his neck and he died instantly. The man fell limp in her arms as she dragged him back to the bare rope dangling in the breeze. Still nobody had taken notice to the pirateless noose, but she still had to act quickly. She propped his body up against her and tied the rope around his neck. She pulled back and frowned, his feet were touching the ground but it would do... it had to do; it still looked like a body.

Amelia heard foot steps above, the wood groaning as it gave way to the weight. Immediately and without thought she dropped to the ground on her stomach and crawled to hide behind one of the wooden pillars that held the wooden hanging stage. Her back was pressed to the wooden leg as she slowed her breathing and kept quiet. Her hair fell in clumps in her face as she looked down at the floor. She couldn’t believe she had actually pulled this off so far, even without that prince's help. She kept true to what she told Benjamin earlier; she didn’t' need a man's help. She had escaped all on her own. Okay... well with a little help from the drunk guy in the cell. But still, she had probably pulled one of the greatest escapes of all time; she escaped from the grips of death. Amelia brushed her hair behind her ears as she looked past the pole and out into the crowd. She could be real daring and make a break, straight through the crowd or she could take the easy escape without notice. Hmm... What was the fun in making a silent exit? She'd go out with a bang. A loud bang.

The crowd seemed to die down from all the excitement. Amelia couldn't just leave the crowd to go back to their normal lives bored. She'd stir up the pot; get their blood flowing. She remained crouched as she moved from the back pillar to the front pillar closest to the crowd. Her body was aching with excitement as she slowly slid up the pole until she was standing straight. Her green eyes glanced out into the crowd, taking in every little detail before she ruined the perfect little scene playing out before her. As she spun the dagger around in her fingers she took off charging to the crowd screaming bloody murder. For a second everything was frozen, like the world was stuck on pause. Amelia tried to push through the row of the first people, but they didn't even budge like a gate keeping her from her only chance at freedom on the other side. The dagger she had clutched in her hands sliced through the upper arm of a random person. The woman screamed and fell to the floor holding her arm. Amelia watched the lady squirm in pain; she felt no pity for the lady. It was a small cut on her arm and she was acting as if she was taking her last breath. Rolling her eyes, Amelia slipped through the gap left by the lady lying on the floor. The rest of the crowd let her elbow pass them, not even bothering to take notice to who she was; the pirate they had just thought died. As she reached the end of the crowd, she skidded to a stop and whipped around. Taking a grand bow, she held her dagger up to the light at an angle that let the light reflect off the small blade into the admiral's eyes; she had to catch his attention somehow. She watched as he shielded his eyes and looked down to where she was. Her whole body shrieked with laughter as she watched his face change to some horrified expression like he had just seen her ghost. "Hah! You thought you had me!" Her little voice rang with such power as it echoed through the fort court yard. "And you almost did, I'll give you that! But I managed yet again to escape death!" The guards were readying themselves to launch at her. Their armor and weapons rustled with their subtle anxious movements. "Oh, but trust me. I'll make visits every once in awhile to give you all another chance. I really thought that was the end. You just need to step up your game, Admiral!" Her last words were practically a threat. She took another bow before she took off sprinting.

The smile grew on her lips as she ran. her ears were filled with the sound of the crowd behind her yelling and screaming violently. She heard something about killing her, but she didn't have time to hesitate and listen. That was unless she wanted to have a pretty little rope draped around her neck again. Amelia could feel her throat tighten just thinking about another rope around her little neck. Her heart was beating a mile a minute. She stopped as soon as she reached the shelter of the fort walls, but which way was out? The thundering of infantry foot steps deafened her. Her eyes darted around looking for an escape or place to hide. There was a stack of barrels probably filled with gun powder or ammo, but for now it seemed like the only choice. Somehow she managed to wedge her body between two barrels and a wall. Her back shied away as it touched the cold stone of the wall. Amelia always ended up in these situations; running away from trouble or hiding. And it was starting to get old. Life on the sea was so... relaxing. She didn't mind the upbeat pace of town life, but it was the sea where she felt at home. There was nobody she needed to hide to when she was on her ship. Her ship... How could she have totally forgotten her pride and joy was somewhere resting on the bottom of the ocean floor?! She pounded herself in the forehead. God, she was stupid. This whole time she planned on jumping onto her ship and sailing away leaving everything behind her. Now she'd have to rethink her plan. Well... there was always the forest.

The sound of the footsteps drew closer until Amelia could hear the men's breath. She pressed herself against the barrels, peering through the crack the tow barrels made. They were close, really close. She'd need a disguise... a quick one. Her eyes ran back to the barrels in front of her. They reeked of gun powder. Perfect. She pulled a cork from one of the barrels, letting the gun powder seep through the hole. Amelia cupped her hands and let the powder fall into a pile neatly in her hands. Well, she didn't know exactly what this was going to do, but it was worth a shot. She held her breath as she splashed the powder in her face. She rubbed the powder all over her face and down her neck, ignoring the urge to sneeze and blow her cover. There was this sudden feeling that washed over Amelia. She felt like she was floating on a cloud, but a cloud that was spinning way out of control. The whole room around her was closing in on her. The barrels that were in front of her were now moving and swaying. What was going on? Amelia grabbed her forehead trying to stop the whole trippy effect. But the world just kept on spinning. The words of the men didn't sound like clear words anymore, it sounded like some alien language. She couldn't take this much more. She stood up, and fell forward onto the barrels trying to catch her breath. Catch her breath? She hadn't done anything to lose her breath. Amelia closed her eyes and climbed her way out of the barrels and fell to the stone ground. There was something very wrong going on with her. Very, very wrong. She heard drained foot steps growing louder and louder and knew she had to go, now. Drool had started to roll down her chin as se pushed herself off the ground and used the wall to stabilize herself. She quickly wiped the drool off and took off running, or more like stumbling and limping, down the hall way.

She heard something that sounded like Benjamin, but with what was going on she couldn't trust herself. It could have been a trick her mind was playing on her. Her hands ran across the wall as she ran down the corridor. She needed to get out of here now, before anyone would find her. But her eyes kept running over to where she heard Benjamin and with each step there'd be a slight hesitancy. Her hand ran across a wooden door. This was it. She found it. Her escape. Amelia tugged with all her might on the iron handle. It flew open, and there it was; her escape. It was the perfect escape; it led right into the forest. Before she walked through the doorway she stole a glance backwards, right at where she had almost fallen into the grips of death. She saw a little blob of a man, she couldn't make him out exactly, but she didn't have the time either. Sighing, Amelia shook her head and sprinted out into the forest in front of her. The trees were leaning in an abnormal way. Seriously. What was going on? And it wasn't just the trees; the sky wasn't the normal blue color. It was green to match the trees. For the love of anything, what was going on? When she thought she was deep enough in, she threw herself to the floor. She buried her head in her arm and tried to shake whatever just happened off. The whole world had turned topsy turvy before her. Unless... she was dead. And she had died! And she was actually in another world. A world of the dead. No! There was so much she hadn't accomplished? Where was Davy Jones the harvester of lost souls? Her hand formed a ball as she worked herself up. She'd bargain anything to have her life back. Amelia rolled onto her back and pressed her hand against her neck. Weird... She still had a pulse. If this was one of those sick mind jokes...

Amelia glanced up as she heard the clamoring of hooves. What was that? Her black smoldered face would have looked pale white at the sudden noise. She scrambled to her feet and was about to take off running, but her eyes landed on the figure masked by a cloak. He might have been a hundred feet away, but her hawk eyes could pick up his features. It was that prince! Of course now he shows up. The promise he had made earlier. Yeah, he hadn't kept it. And now he was here to make sure she was going to die. She patted down her body looking for the small dagger. Where was it? Where was it? She felt all over, even her face for the dagger. She must have lost it back when she was hiding. Dang it! She took on a defensive stance as he approached. "What an empty promise! Look, your plan. You know the plan you had to kill me, it didn't work. I'm still here." Amelia lifted both arms in some gesture to show she was still alive. She looked like a mess, and leaning slightly on the insane side. "And you're not go-..." Her words fell short as the prince's face twisted into some fish-like mutated zombie face. Amelia dropped down on her knees horrified. "By d--- ! You did kill me! YOU KILLED ME!" Her voice trembled near the end as her hands fumbled around, searching for an escape from this world. This wasn’t going to work. She sprung from her feet and basically lunged at Lukas. And suddenly his face shifted back, but the world was spinning again. Amelia fell short and stared at the ground. "What's happening to me.." She whispered under her breath. As she rolled onto her back to get up, she noticed a small cut on her foot, and it was bleeding. By golly it was bleeding! She wasn't dead! Her eyes scanned nervously around as she hopped back up onto her feet. "What an empty promise! Look, your plan. You know the plan you had to kill me? It didn't work. I'm still here!" She repeated, but this time adding a little laugh at the end. A haha in your face laugh. Her finger she was pointing at him shook as she kept on laughing. "What an empty promise!" She began again. Her eyes were deranged looking as her pupils dilated even without the change of light. That minute without oxygen when she was hanging from the rope was messing up her brain. "Empty! EMPTY! Empty promise! Promise, promise, PROMISE!" Amelia's whole body shook with tremors as she laughed manically. "Empty! Promises! Promises empty! Ha, ha ha! Ha ha HA!" She shook her head violently back and forth, her black hair pulled into a messy pony behind her head swaying back and forth with the jerking motion.

And then there was Benjamin... Amelia knew she had told him she didn't need his help. But still! She almost died! Somehow this was all his fault too. Like he should've been there to help her break out of jail. Amelia's eyes widened before she took off at a sprint back to the fort without warning, leaving Lukas behind. Her steps grew quicker and quicker and her stride grew longer and longer. Boy was he in for a beating. She'd knock the living daylights out of him. Give the guy a piece of her mind, and maybe a good night sleep for tonight. Amelia broke through the double wooden doors she had entered through earlier for her persecution. The whole court yard was deserted. Much different from earlier where it was swelling with people who had come to witness her hanging. And then there he was, there was Benjamin. Standing right in front of the gallows. What was he doing? Reflecting on her 'death?' Had the moron not seen that it wasn’t her hanging from the rope but a random man? Or was he contemplating her great escape? Shaking her head, Amelia came up right behind him at full speed. She had managed to slip her arm around his throat so he was in a head lock. Her whole body was shaking with laughter. "Benjamin! Benjamin! I'm alive!" Her voice shrieked with excitement, but then she reminded herself she wasn't here to celebrate but to kick some pirate butt. Her grip loosened and she slipped away. Shrinking backwards, laughing like some insane asylum patient. "Benjamin. Benjamin. Benjamin. Benjamin. Benjamin." She repeated, gasping for breath between breaks. "I'm alive..." Her eye twitched and her head moved with sudden jerky movements. The world was starting to turn topsy turvy again and she questioned herself again if she was still alive. "Alive, alive." She whispered, walking backwards as the world started to rock back and forth like she was on a ship. But she wasn't. She had no ship. Suddenly that rage from earlier started to simmer. "Benjamin!" She shrieked, grabbing his arms and shaking him violently. "Benjamin! You never came for me! TRAITOR. TRAITOR. You bring shame to the name of pirates. Fellow kin help fellow kin out! You let me die! DIE! Die I say. DIE. You let me die! Benjamin, you let me die." Her voice started to trail off as she bubbled into laughter. "You let me die, Benjamin! But I'm not dead! Not dead, not dead. Not dead! I escaped. I escaped! All by myself! No help. No man. I don't need you." Her voice cracked at the end. I don't need you. That one had slipped through, but she didn't mean it. It was these hallucinations she was having. And suddenly, her knees buckled underneath her and she was on the floor, passed out you could say.

Notes - I love her more and more with every post xD OKAYSO she faints at the end so you can do the plan, where ou take her and Benjamin to the palace without her flipping out and causing a scene xD AND SHE GOES TRIPPY LIKE HOW I PLANNED 8D
    Words - 2,920

Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  TheElves Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Wow. o.O You weren't kidding. Also, I forgot that they were at the fort and not in town square. xP My mind was elsewhere, I guess. JUST IX-NAY THE OWN-TAY.
    TheElves
    TheElves
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:11 am

ITDOESNTMATTER
    I know what you're talkin about xD
    mI just re-read my post... it's all over the place xDD
    WELLSOISMYBRIANICANTHELPITand ohmygosh I feel even worse todaaay D:
    my head feels heavy.. like IDONTEVENKNOW
    and I woke up at six because I couldn't breath xD
    INEEDSODAAAA
    and I wanna make pancakes xD
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:51 am

jdfhjdfskj
    IM EDITING MY POST
    I'm trying to make it so it's not alll... all over the place xD
    AND FLOW MORE SMOOTHLYYY
    God, I need a better attention span for this stuff xDD

SO IF ANY OF YOU COME ON...
    DONTPOSTTT xD
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Yak Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 am

nevermind, it's fine xD
    IMJUSTBBEINGWEIRDDD
    OR I'm just to lazy to fix it xD
    IDONTKNOW
    Yak
    Yak
    Popular
    Popular

Back to top Go down

Post  Vertigo Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:31 pm

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE DOING AND I'M TALKING TO MYSELF IN THE C-BOX. no joke.
    Vertigo
    Vertigo
    Well Known
    Well Known

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next